Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Entering the Blog Highway

Tres Bien. That's French for "good." Or even "very good." Maybe we're a little over confident. We hope this blog will be good reading. The premise is that we are three women occupying the same residence and the same planet, yet we see the world through vastly different eyes. Hopefully, this makes for lively discussion, interesting viewpoints, and maybe enough food for thought that you won't starve.

I'll leave it to Melissa to translate very good into Latin. That's her language. Have you heard the saying "The only good language is a dead language"? That's Melissa's motto.

I'm kind of a luddite for English myself. Although I took four terms of French at Carleton College and they told me I was proficient. Of course, that was 25 years ago. I can still make it out from time to time. Emily's in French now, so I'm getting a refresher course.

So I will comment on a great many things in this blog. Speaking for myself, the things I'll talk about with some frequency are my writing, other writers, books I love, maybe even some tips for beginning writers. Of course, my kids and family, the books we love, music--a love which the three of us share, our three dogs, the crazy guinea pig, education, ideas, health care reform, taxes, death, flowers, you name it.

Welcome to the blog. And now for something completely different, as they used to say on Monty Python's Flying Circus. (Yes, there will be many references to them, to Bill Cosby jokes, to oddities like Faulty Towers, etc. You will have to keep up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment